Its map label: Streetball
Features of Streetball court
The main feature of the outdoor Streetball court is that it is typically consists of one basketball stand, and could be more of them next to each other.
- Names: Streetball court
- Court dimensions: The game of 3x3 is played on a half court with one basket. A regular 3x3 court playing surface in official competitions is approximately 49' wide x 36' deep (15 m x 11 m)
- Markings: you can find courts with markings and without markings
- Backboard dimensions: The backboard measures 6 by 3.5 feet (1.8 by 1.1 meters). There are in generally two versions small sized backboards and big sized backboards.
- Net: mostly you can't find any net, but some location has a net or metal chain net.
- Ground: asphalt / rubber / soil
- Opening hours: sport parks, sport fields are usually open in 0-24 hours, but there are some fenced sport places with limited opening hours (eg from sunrise to sunset, etc.) that appear at the entrance.
Always take care of the cleanliness of parks, equipments and courts and the hygiene, so next time you will be happy to do sport there! And if you notice any damage or malfunction, please report it to us as soon as possible.
Streetball court dimensions
(Image source: MightyGoods)
(Image source: MightyGoods)
Streetball basic rules
Out of signs and features get to know the basic rules and regulations also.
- Each team shall consist of 4 players (3 players on the court and 1 substitute).
- Both teams shall warm-up simultaneously prior to the game.
- A coin flip shall determine which team gets the first possession.
- The game must start with three players on the court.
- Possession of the ball given to either team following any dead ball situation shall start with an exchange of the ball (between the defensive and the offensive player) behind the arc at the top of the court.
- A player is considered to be “behind the arc” when neither of his feet are inside nor stepping on the arc.
- In the event of a jump ball situation, the defensive team shall be awarded the ball.
- Every successful shot inside the arc shall be awarded 1 point.
- Every successful shot behind the arc shall be awarded 2 points.
- Every successful free throw shall be awarded 1 point.
- The regular playing time shall be as follows: one period of 10 minutes playing time. The clock shall be stopped during dead ball situations and free throws. The clock shall be restarted after the exchange of the ball is completed (as soon as it is in the offensive team’s hands).
- One 30-second time-out is granted to each team. A player can call the time-out in a dead ball situation.
- If the court is equipped with a shot clock, a team must attempt a shot within 12 seconds. The clock shall start as soon as the ball is in the offensive players’ hands (following the exchange with the defensive player or after a successful field goal underneath the basket).
- Note: If the court is not equipped with a shot clock and a team is not sufficiently trying to attack the basket, the referee shall give them a warning by counting the last 5 seconds.
- A team is in a penalty situation after it has committed 6 fouls.
- After a team has reached 9 team fouls, any subsequent foul will be considered technical.
- For the avoidance of doubt, players are not excluded based on the number of personal fouls subject to disqualification.
- Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, whilst fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded 2 free throws.
- Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded 1 additional free throw.
- Team fouls 7, 8 and 9 shall always be awarded with 2 free throws. The 10th and any subsequent team foul as well as technical and unsportsmanlike fouls will be always awarded with 2 free throws and ball possession.
Here we collect sports communities they also offer free regular activities, training and/or consultancy at outdoor Streetball courts in Hungary. You can also suggest these kind of sports communities that you can send us by clicking the button below.
Streetball courts with videos