Signs of Volleyball on the map
Its map label: Volleyball
Features of court
The main feature of the outdoor Volleyball court is that it has a rectangular shape with 4 rectangles and two net posts are placed at its centre line marked with a white line on the photo). Among Volleyball courts you can find sandy Beach Volleyball courts.
- Names: Volleyball court
- Dimensions of the court: The full width of the court is 9 metres (29.5 ft). The full length of the court is 18 metres (59.1 ft).
- Court types: Volleyball court and sandy Beach Volleyball court.
- Ground: asphalt / sand
- Opening hours: sport parks, sport fields are usually open in 0-24 hours, but there are some fenced sport places with limited opening hours (eg from sunrise to sunset, etc.) that appear at the entrance.
Always take care of the cleanliness of parks, equipments and courts and the hygiene, so next time you will be happy to do sport there! And if you notice any damage or malfunction, please report it to us as soon as possible.
Volleyball basic rules
Out of signs and features get to know the basic rules and regulations also.
(Image source: MightyGoods)
(Image source: MightyGoods)
- Each team consists of six players.
- To get play started, a team is chosen to serve by coin toss.
- A player from the serving team throws the ball into the air and attempts to hit the ball so it passes over the net on a course such that it will land in the opposing team's court (the serve).
- The opposing team must use a combination of no more than three contacts with the volleyball to return the ball to the opponent's side of the net.
- These contacts usually consist three movements
- bump or pass
- The team with possession of the ball that is trying to attack the ball as described is said to be on offense.
- The team on defense attempts to prevent the attacker from directing the ball into their court: players at the net jump and reach above the top (and if possible, across the plane) of the net to block the attacked ball.
- The game continues in this manner, rallying back and forth, until the ball touches the court within the boundaries or until an error is made.
- If the ball is hit around, above, or through the block, the defensive players arranged in the rest of the court attempt to control the ball with a dig (usually a fore-arm pass of a hard-driven ball).
- After a successful dig, the team transitions to offense.
- A point is scored when the ball contacts the floor within the court boundaries or when an error is made.
- when the ball strikes one team's side of the court, the other team gains a point;
- when an error is made, the team that did not make the error is awarded a point
- in either case paying no regard to whether they served the ball or not.
- The game is going on till the first team to score 25 points by a two-point margin awarded the set.
- Matches are best-of-five sets and the fifth set, if necessary, is usually played to 15 points.
- causing the ball to touch the ground or floor outside the opponents' court or without first passing over the net;
- catching and throwing the ball;
- double hit: two consecutive contacts with the ball made by the same player;
- four consecutive contacts with the ball made by the same team;
- net foul: touching the net during play;
- foot fault: the foot crosses over the boundary line when serving.
- Beach volleyball, a variation of the game played on sand and with only two players per team.
- Beach volleyball is played on a rectangular sand court.
- The court is 16 m (52.5 ft) long and 8 m (26.2 ft) wide.
- There are much tighter regulations on the overhand pass in beach volleyball.
- A set is won by the first team to reach 21 points (15 points in the deciding final set) with a two-point advantage.
Here we collect sports communities they also offer free regular activities, training and/or consultancy at outdoor Volleyball courts in Hungary. You can also suggest these kind of sports communities that you can send us by clicking the button below.