Its map label: Fitness Park
The Fitness Parks are marked on the map with a yellow circle icon. Extra features are available (e.g. writing reviews, adding photo and video) on the data sheet at the locations marked with “i-circle”. You can watch the TRAIN SMART videos (see below) on the data sheet at the Fitness Park locations also.
Features of Fitness Park
The main feature of the Fitness Park is that it is typically consists of fitness machines what we can use in a sitting or standing position for dynamic exercises. These fitness machines have no weight adjustment option you have to pull or push one part of your weight. In the Fitness Parks you can also find Street Workout Park equipments, eg. Parallel bar, Multi trainer, etc. For more information about the equipments check the "Train Smart" menu item.
- Names: usually Fitness Park / Adult Playground
- Ages: 14 years and older (with adult supervision between 10-14 years)
- Kind of exercises: Typically, cardio exercises with high repetition at low load.
- Fitness machines: there are more manufacturers on the market. Their design is slightly different, but the different manufacturers can be recognized by their colors, for example the most common ones: orange-white, light-green-gray, red-lemon, burgundy(red)-beige combinations.
- Ground: usually rubber / soil / gravel / asphalt / paving
- Important: be careful when stepping up and down from the machines. Hold the handles until you step down on the ground and stand safely.
- Opening hours: sport parks, sport fields are usually open in 0-24 hours, but there are some fenced sport places with limited opening hours (eg from sunrise to sunset, etc.) that appear at the entrance.
Always take care of the cleanliness of parks, equipments and courts and the hygiene, so next time you will be happy to do sport there! And if you notice any damage or malfunction, please report it to us as soon as possible.
Train Smart in Fitness Park
The Free Sport Parks, Zsolt Pálvölgyi and Roland Ruska try to help with the “Train Smart with Zsolt Pálvölgyi and Roland Ruska in Fitness Park” video series in order to popularize the Fitness Parks. We freezed some frames of the trainings and marked with short subtitles the videos in order to pay attention to the steps what you can also read in the video description.
Here we collect sports communities they even also offer free regular activities, training and/or consultancy at outdoor Fitness Parks in Hungary. You can also suggest these kind of sports communities that you can send us by clicking the button below.
Fitness Parks with videos